Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Love Muffins, But Not Not Muffin Tops


That's right, I used the phrase "Muffin Top" in a post. Today, I share the woes of a mom who is in need of some serious workin' out. I have lost all but 10 tricky little pounds of my baby weight, and sadly, those ten are holding on like a chubby kid to a candy bar. And so I am seeking the advice of you all out in the blog-o-sphere for some suggestions. 

I have tried doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, but felt little to no love happening to my body after three weeks of work. Then I tried her ab dvd....no thank you. Next, I did the Couch to 5k regimen only to have to quit due to no way of running when the hubs was out of town. And now I have resorted to the couch method. This one has worked quite well since it only involves me sitting on the couch and lamenting  how I want to be in shape. 

So, here is what I need... A workout I can do at home when Jeff is away and my son is asleep. Something that isn't a 7 day 365 a year commitment because I can't do that. And...something that doesn't take an hour to do. Remember...I HAVE A KID. 

Someone recommended the Tracy Anderson post pregnancy workout dvd, but I fear my husband would shoot me if I bought another failed workout video. Maybe one of you could get it for me???

Anywho, this is all to say that I need to get my exercise on and lose these 10 lb's pronto. For now, Im going to go back to my couch and just shout spiteful comments at all the toned and tan little twiggies on tv. Ahhhh...the good life. 

2 comments:

  1. If you're looking for things that are inexpensive, take your wee man out for a walk sometime during the day. Do push ups, crunches, and squats while he takes a nap. Find a cardio workout that you like {those usually only take about 30 minutes to do start to finish} and do it a couple times a week.

    It's the little things that add up :-} It took me a long time to lose that last 10 pounds too. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter was almost 2 and I still had that last 10 pounds to go when I discovered The Firm. It guarantees results in 10 workouts and it works! It incorporates strength and cardio at the same time. I found it at a yard sale (VHS) tapes and the stacking blocks and that was the best 10 dollars I ever spent on workout videos and equipment. Last year I bought The Firm dvds (upgrade-woohoo lol!!) of The Wave. It is awesome as well. Now I had my second child in November and have those last 10 pounds to go again. I have not been doing my Firm workout as much as I need to. I am more into running at the moment so I plan to invest in a jogging stroller this week bc the treadmill is just getting boring. As for me I need motivation to stay away from the junk food!!!

    ReplyDelete